Colin Smith Decorating Ltd Health & Safety Policy
We are committed to achieving excellent health and safety performance throughout our operations and continuing to develop a positive health and safety culture. We aim to ensure that best practice health and safety management not only ensures legal compliance, but also adds real value to our business.
Our operating environments range from residential properties to commercial buildings to the construction industry, all these environment’s presents a constantly changing environment and risk profile. We will develop and implement processes that ensure we continue to effectively manage health and safety of our employees, contractors and others who may be affected by our activities.
We will achieve this through:
• Complying with the spirit as well as the letter of legislation.
• Identifying, assessing and controlling levels of risk so that they can be regarded as low as is reasonably practicable.
• Developing and continuously improving our risk based safety management system to ensure legal compliance and beyond.
• Planning and delivering our projects to ensure that we provide suitable sources in terms of finance, equipment, people and competence of our people.
• Providing employees with the necessary premises, training and equipment to enable them to carry out their work in a safe and healthy manner.
• Securing the commitment and involvement of employees in improving safety through effective communication and consultation.
• Collecting and analysing information on incidents.
• Monitoring and reviewing the management of health and safety and implementing improvement actions as appropriate.We will continue to work towards delivering an operating environment that is incident and injury free, and encourage proactive involvement of our employees.
• We will measure our health and safety performance through establishing performance indicators, which will be reviewed on a regular basis so to update or revalidated as required.