Colin Smith Decorating Ltd Environmental Policy
Colin Smith Decorating Ltd are a high end Painting and Decorating company. We specialise in all aspects of painting and decorating for residential, commercial and commercial sectors, throughout Central Scotland.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment and acknowledge our responsibilities by demonstrating our commitment to minimising that impact by continually improving our environmental performance.
Aims and Objectives
- Ensuring compliance with current environmental legislative requirements.
- Ensuring effective management of resources (both financial and physical) thus reducing our impact on the environment.
- Influencing specification and application processes to ensure environmentally effective selection of materials and working methods.
- Recognising employee’s environmental awareness and concerns and integrating environmental management into our training.
- Encouraging our sub-contractors, supply chain and clients into participating in the achievement of our environmental goals.
- Continuous improvement year upon year.
- Prevent pollution.
- Minimise waste.
- Identify and manage environmental hazards and risks.
- Influence choice of materials and working processes.
- Provide a swift response to environmental incidents and emergencies.
- Promote the achievement of environmental accreditations.
This policy is intended to promote and achieve protection and enhancement of the natural environment whilst improving and maintaining the build within that environment.
Regular monitoring of our environmental performance will be made and progress toward our goals will be reported upon. We will specifically report on four key target measured areas.
- Energy management.
- Environmental awareness and training.
- Infringement of environmental legislation.
These impacts and responsibilities are addressed through the continued development and implementation of our Environmental Management System.